AI - Passives
19 September 2017 by Scott M. Graffius - filed inAI
Disruption from artificial intelligence (AI) is here, but many leaders don't have clear expectations about AI or how it fits into their business. This brief article focuses on the disparity in understanding and implementation.
There are four organizational maturity clusters:
- Pioneers (19%): Businesses that both understand and have incorporated AI into their offerings and internal processes.
- Investigators (32%): Businesses that understand AI but are not deploying it beyond the pilot stage.
- Experimenters (13%): Organizations that are piloting AI without deep understanding.
- Passives (36%): Organizations with limited/no understanding of AI and no piloting/adoption.
Only 19% understand AI and have adopted it. Barriers for the remaining 81% may include issues with business cases, leadership, talent with AI expertise, and technology.
(Data source: MIT Sloan, as noted in the illustration above.)
You're invited to connect with Scott M. Graffius on social. Like his page on Facebook, follow him on Twitter, and connect with him on LinkedIn.
Scott presents thought leadership on project, program, portfolio, and PMO management related topics of timely importance. He delivers talks at private and public events in the United States and internationally. For information on availability, fees, pro bono work and more, visit SpeakerHub.
For more information, you can visit Scott's personal website, review his bio, and read additional stories in the blog. The websites for his business and award-winning book are http://Exceptional-PMO.com and https://AgileScrumGuide.com.