15 September 2017
In IT, there's no substitute for experience. However, certifications remain a valuable tool for advancing one's career. CIO.com reports that 13 IT certifications emerged as the most valuable, and three of them are related to project management. Here's the list:
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
2. Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
3. Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
4. Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
5. Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
6. Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
7. Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
8. Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Cloud Platform and Infrastructure sub-category
9. VCP6 – DCV
10. AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional
11. Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
12. Project Management Professional (PMP)
13. Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
If you're interested in learning about the project management related certifications (CAPM, PMP and CSM), links follow. For information on the CAPM and PMP, visit the Project Management Institute. For information on the CSM, visit the Scrum Alliance.
You're invited to review Scott's bio, find out about his speaking engagements, and read articles in the blog.
You're also invited to connect with Scott on social. Like his page on Facebook, follow him on Twitter, and connect with him on LinkedIn.
The website for his business—Exceptional PPM and PMO Solutions—is http://Exceptional-PMO.com. The digital media kit for his award-winning book—Agile Scrum: Your Quick Start Guide with Step-by-Step Instructions—is located at https://AgileScrumGuide.com.